Visionary, Datacenter/Networking Design Engineer Strategist
DCSI is recruiting for a design engineer, systems architect who's turned into a strategists and consultant to work in a hybrid role between a rapidly growing OEM/ODM division within a global electronics manufacturing services provider and its customers over datacenter and networking products. This remotely located career opportunity, will work within this division consulting and partnering with high profile customers like Apple, LinkedIn, Facebook, Amazon and more to smaller tier two OEM's, with JDM's of advanced networking and server, routers, and switch products. We're looking for someone with prior design and architecture background of these products to help interpret customers vision and create products around them. You'll be in a moderate sized, and growing global team, working with mostly West coast based customers and partnering with a China based design engineering team. This division experienced more than 50% growth last year alone and this position is being added to support that growth. This will not be an engineering role, but will draw upon your prior design engineering experience in the development of strategic ODM business.
- BSEE, MSEE degree is preferred.
- 10+ years design engineering and architecture experience with regards to datacenter/networking products and embedded CPU products and systems.
- Chassis level design experience.
- Intel x86 embedded processor platform knowledge and experience.
- PDN design experience & NEBS compliance product experience.
- Prior/current experience interpreting industry and market place trends is a plus.
- Must have hardware board design and systems design experience to be considered for this position.
- Strong preference will be given to those who speak Mandarin as this will be a huge help in partnering with the China based design team.
- This position will be a 'work remote' opportunity, but preference will be given to those located in the Bay Area of California, possibly other major US hubs and will have 20-25% travel, some international, when it's permitted.
- Strong business acumen and understanding or direct P&L experience is needed.
- Base salary range is dependent upon experience/location - $160-175K is our target range.
- 15% target bonus available that can go considerably higher based upon achievement.
- Excellent long-term benefits and relocation assistance.
TO APPLY Please email your resume to email@example.com or call 805-773-1800 Ext 1003. If you're either not qualified or interested, please feel free to forward this email as appropriate to other colleagues that you feel may be qualified. All qualified applicants will be contacted confidentially. Visit www.dcsiconsultants.com/careers for many of our current openings. If you'd like to stop receiving emails like this, please email back with REMOVE in the subject line.